HRH Enogie (Duke) Osagumwenro Eresoyen of Uhogua dukedom, Benin kingdom, Nigeria is the current 9th duke or Enogie of Uhogua. Uhogua is a dukedom community under the sovereign King (Oba) of Benin Kingdom (Edo people) of Nigeria.
Born on June 11th, in 2017 he succeeded his late father Enogie Ekiroghuagnen Idumwonyi Eresoyen who had reigned from 1995 until his death in 2017. He was the first Enogie installed by King/Oba Ewuare II of Benin Kingdom, Nigeria in 2017 upon the King’s Coronation as the Oba of Benin. Enogie Osagumwenro Eresoyen was installed as the 9th Enogie on the 9th day of the 9th month (which significantly means“the beginning or dawn of a new era”)
The young Duke is one of the youngest dukes in Benin kingdom who serve under the King (Oba) Ewuare II of Benin kingdom, Nigeria. Among his many accomplishments include:
- On the 2nd of June 2018 HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI- ERESOYEN was decorated as the patron to MERFREY HELP FOUNDATION (an internationally recognized foundation) where hewas given an AWARD for his contribution to a better life for the underpriviledged in Edo State, Nigeria.
- On the 9th of October 2019, HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI- ERESOYEN was invited as a royal father to the “Lagos Design Week 2019” a festival established to promote African design excellence.
- On the 27th of August 2021, HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI- ERESOYEN was invited as one of the Royal Fathers in Olokun festival 2021 held in Lagos state.
- On the 3rd of December 2021, HRH attended the 15th edition of Cultural event held in December 2021 wherein he represented his people and showcased the culture of his dearly beloved people (Uhogua Dukedom).
- On the 28th of January 2022 by the grace of God Almighty and our Ancestors, the Enogie of Uhogua Dukedom was decorated as a member of the LION’S CLUB INTERNATIONAL DISTRICT 404-A1 NIGERIA by the District Governor after his role in ensuring that the people of Uhogua and Egbean Dukedom benefitted from the Lions Club “Relieving the Hunger Project” in Edo State and for helping spread humanitarian work in these communities.
- On the 12th of February 2022 HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI-ERESOYEN received a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD from the Student Icon Award for his contribution to the cultural development of the student society and Edo state at large and also for his role in promoting Edo culture and also putting Uhogua Dukedom in the spotlight through the help of social media. HRH as the custodian of Uhogua Dukedom shares the history of the people of Uhogua according to the history, custom and tradition of the Benin Kingdom. HRH who is from the Benin royal family through the lineage of Oba Eresoyen (about 1735AD-1750AD) promotes the Edo culture as an Enogie and HRH speaks highly of the ancient stool of the Benin Royal Palace as he shares history positively regarding his throne of the ancient Benin kingdom.
- On the 8th of April 2022, HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI- ERESOYEN was inaugurated into the 1000 peace Ambassadors of Nigeria as a “Global Diplomat (Peace Ambassador)” for his pursuit of peace and diplomacy in settlement of communal disputes, as he is well known for his ability to secure peace and stability even when the youths caused havoc in the community by selling plots of land and other activities that was likely to cause breach of peace in his community.
- On a lighter note, HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI-ERESOYEN enjoys writing spoken word poetry and reading history books. His skills and talent in the art of spoken word poetry made him the first from Ambrose Ali university, Ekpoma to perform spoken word poetry in the famous Christian Fellowship International (CFI) “JAM SUBMIT” which had over 7000 seated guests in 2017.
- HRH (ENOGIE) OSAGUMWENRO EKI-ERESOYEN was a one time Ambassador of 663 Academy (a spoken word organization) in Nigeria.
Photos courtesy of https://instagram.com/hrh_eresoyen?utm_medium=copy_link
© The African Royal Families. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
You must be logged in to post a comment.